Tuesday, May 23, 2017

realization

Have you ever looked at yourself and wondered "what could I do everyday to make myself a better person?" no? yeah me neither. What I have thought about is why do I do things that are not gonna help he in the future instead of doing what I should, like homework, or doing extra practice for math or english to advance my learning. Even though I know thats what I should do, I always watch youtube. I got to thinking, maybe it has to do with our habits, what I mean by this is, if I have nothing to do I instantly reach for my phone, the remote, or my laptop. This is mainly because I have made it a habit to check my phone. Now the real question os if I can rewrite this into something good. If habits are developed in your mind, can you concentrate enough to stop a habit. I've recently got a chance to hear a lecture from my friends dad. He tried to teach us the value of self evaluation and how if you reflect on what you did well and what you could improve on you will become successful. I recognize my friend's dad's intelligence and wisdom and when I listened to his life lesson it struck a chord with me. At that moment acknowledged  I am not ready for the responsibilities of becoming an adult, far from it. That was my realization.


No comments:

Post a Comment